Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter Nature

Oreo
The main subject in this shot is my heifer Oreo.  I am not really sure why I like this photograph so much, but it is definitely my favorite from this shoot. The secondary subject is the barbed wire fence. I like the angle of the camera and looking up at her. The back of the cow is out of focus a little, and I think the shot would have been better if the entire cow was in focus.
Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/4.1
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 11 mm

Stickin' it Out
I came across a patch of burdock the other morning. The plants seem so bare without the usual billowing leaves, but it provided a unique perspective of the seeds. I like how one branch hangs out to the middle, giving a crisp shot of the seeds as the main subject. The secondary subject is the stem and leaves of the plant. The picture is a little too busy on the left side, however, drawing the attention away from the main subject.
Shutter: 1/105
Aperture: f/2.9
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 5.7 mm

Frosty Azalea
This is an interesting picture of an azalea. I usually don't look in my flower garden during the winter, but this year has been an interesting exception. The main subject here is the frost covered azalea leaves, and the secondary subject is the rock wall in the background. I really enjoy how clear the frost is on some of the leaves. One way to improved this shot would have been lower the angle. I think this would have made the frost more evident.
Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: f/4.6
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 13.7 mm


3 comments:

  1. I really love that picture with the frost on the leaves. I think you should try up-ing the warm colors in the picture, I think it could look nice, but maybe not! Might be that this is the best way for the picture to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture of the cow because you don't just see the cow, the barbed wire fence is in focus also. With the snow in front and and the whitish sky is looks like a background but the trees separate it. Nice Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although the barbed wire may not be "nature" it still works as an interesting image. Good textures on the second shot and the color there is strong enough to leave as is.

    ReplyDelete