Thursday, February 2, 2012

Open Theme 1

Spirals
I took this picture of the bottom of a spiral staircase this weekend in a library. The primary subject is the repetition of the lines while the secondary subject is steps. I think that the angle worked well, and the curves draw the attention all around the shot. The lighting did not work very well. The daylight created shadows that do not contribute, and the bottom left corner is overexposed.
Shutter: 0.0653595 
Aperture: f/3.7 
ISO: 800 
Focal Length: 6.4 mm 

Sharing a Moment
The main subject of this photograph is my brother walking with our little sisters along Lake Michigan. The secondary subject is the repeating pattern of the walkway. The angle and background worked very well in this shot, but it is overexposed. I tried to darken the highlights, but that made the rest of the picture too dark. 
Shutter: 0.036 
Aperture: f/3.5 
ISO: 800 
Focal Length: 5 mm

Blue
In this shot of Lake Michigan, layers are the main subject. The secondary subject is blue. The color appears in every layer in contrasting shades. The horizon is slightly crooked in this shot. In addition, the shadows are too dark, making the colors seem almost fake.
Shutter: 0.00244 
Aperture: f/5 
ISO: 80 
Focal Length: 26.8 mm


6 comments:

  1. I really like how abstract the first picture is. I really like the detail in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good photos....I love the "blue" one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the staircase because it's not the normal way of seeing it. You get a different point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the picture with the girls. I really like it because of the really blue water and they are not looking at the camera. I really like the picture of the stair case also because it is a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your pictures Lindsey!
    The water looks super blue and pretty.
    The one with your brother and sisters is really cute.
    And the one with the stairs is really neat. I like how you took it from an unusual perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first black and white one I really like a lot! Because it takes a while for it to be figured out what it is! Its different and I like it!

    ReplyDelete