Friday, April 13, 2012

Details

This weeks assignment was details. I love macro photography, so this was a really fun assignment. Flowers are one of my favorite subjects.

This is the center of a tulip. The stamen of the flower is the main subject, while the petals are secondary. The centered composition works well in this shot I think. 
Aperture: 1/100 Shutter: f/3.5 ISO: 1600 Focal Length: 6.3 mm

I'm not really sure what type of flower this is. I was at some one's house and I couldn't resist the great shot. The flower buds are the primary subject, and the water droplets are secondary. The bright colors work well against the neutral background. I wish that the bud on the top wasn't out of focus because it draws attention away from the subject.
Aperture: 1/100 Shutter: f/3.5 ISO: 160 Focal Length: 6.3 mm

The main subject in this frame is the lines, and the secondary is the hosta leaves. I think this shot works well in black and white because it draws attention to the lines instead of the distraction of bright green leaves. 
Aperture: 1/60 Shutter: f/3.6 ISO: 320 Focal Length: 8.8 mm

The main subject here is the azalea blossoms. The primary subject is the petals and the secondary is the leaves. I like all the different shades of pink, from almost white to almost purple.
Aperture: 1/125 Shutter: f/2.9 ISO: 125 Focal Length: 5.7 mm

3 comments:

  1. Beauty images!Th stop tulip and the B&W host are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture of the hosta leaves! In black and white it makes me wonder what the picture is of. The lines really help with the picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all of them. They are all really pretty.

    ReplyDelete